Tuesday, November 4, 2008

True Friendship


True friendship is an amazing thing. Friends come and go all the time but true friendship lasts a lifetime. True friendship can be felt within the heart and this creates a special bond between two people. When we are children we make new friends all the time including imaginary ones. But it is when we are growing we develop special friendships with very special people. I know many people but have only few relationships which I consider to be true friendships. These are people that I love and share my life with. I have a very few special friends that make me laugh, keep me strong, encourage me to achieve my goals and contribute to make me the person who I am today. Friendship is almost like an antagonistic progress. If one of the two are sad the other cheers them up and vice versa. There are many songs that acknowledge friendship and show how it works both ways. For example:

“Lean on me, when you’re not strong, and I’ll be your friend, I’ll help you carry on, for it won’t be long, ’til I’m going to need somebody to lean on.” ~ Lean on me
And my personal favourite which holds many emotional meanings for me,it still brings tears to my eyes when I hear it. It.s a song from the musical Wicked called For Good.
I hope you like this song I feel its a truely magical song that really depicts the true meaning of friendship. To hear it as part of the musical go to http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=MOxbNhB5dqg

No comments: