Tuesday, November 4, 2008

YOU Inspire Me


I’ve been thinking about how inspiring you are.
I heard someone say that you’re inspiring. I saw you value the words and the person who said them. You were so taken by the compliment that you didn’t know what to do.
I think you’re inspiring too.
So I’m writing this for you and all of you who inspire me. Would you listen to what I mean by that?
In spire means to breathe.I don’t know your struggles well, but I know you’ve faced them down, and you’re still breathing. That alone is inspiring. Add that you’re fun and easy and it’s meta-inspirational. You motivate me to think I can blast through my own struggles and come out smiling.
In other words, you make my breathing easier.Isn’t that what inspiration means?
So please know . . .
When I say, “You’re inspiring,” I’m saying . . .
“You motivate me to keep going, doing the next thing, to keep breathing, to keep knowing that I’ll get there.”
What do you do when people say you’re inspiring?
Smile, breathe it in, and say ‘thank you,” with gusto to reinforce a positive change in the world. Glow more each time someone says you’re inspiring. So that more folks wonder who you are.
Smile. Breathe. Glow. Then . . .
Inspire everyone you can to inspire someone else down the line.
Get the whole world breathing again, right along with you.
What do you do keep inspired? Who inspires you?

No comments: